A European Bank in London with over 500 employees and 12 branches in Europe, CIS and Middle East.
The Customer was looking for an IT talent to join them as a System and Network Engineer. The candidate had to possess a Degree in Computer Science, IT, engineering or related disciplines, not less than 6 years experience in the role of IT system and network support / administration – Windows and Linux servers and MPLS WAN network, MS Exchange 2010 email servers and a lot more. The problems set for HardPoint were as follows:
- Development of a job advertisement
- Search for a suitable candidate in HardPoint’s existing database and posting the advertisement in various printed and web resources
- Testing skills and knowledge of the candidates
- Organizing interviews with the candidates selected by the Customer
- Setting up and maintaining the work desk for the selected employee
- Execution of all legal and accounting procedures required for a job placement
HardPoint’s experience in both headhunting and IT helped the Customer to find and hire the most suitable candidate for this job role, and the whole procedure took HardPoint only 3 weeks starting from the first contact with the Customer.
Now the new employee is working for the Customer from a comfortable office and has everything needed for communication with the Customer as if working at the same table with Customer’s in-house team:
- I5-7/ 8G/2x500Gb 2x 24â€ Full HD, Avaya phone, anatomic chair, big desk, UPS
- Internet access through the main and cached circuit
- Video and audio conferencing
- Back up, access to TFS and MS Project server, server resources for test virtual machines (1 core 8Gb mem 40Gb hdd)
- Remote access to his computer from home and access to the telephone network
- Comfortable office, equipped modern kitchen
HardPoint is regularly reporting to the Customer on the employee’s work hours specifying the time of remote and office work and provides the employee with extra services, such as translation, access to meeting rooms and trips planning when required.
Within the first month of the engagement, HardPoint was able to:
- Find and hire the most suitable candidate for the Customer
- Set up a modern and comfortable work place for the new employee
- Provide the new employee with all collaboration means for communication with the Customer
The Customer’s new employee is working efficiently and his work is fully managed and controlled by Customer’s project managers and HardPoint’s managers. The Customer has managed to hire an extra professional, get all the tasks done, but for all that saving approximately £1800 each month.
A leading logistics company in Cyprus with a strong presence in Europe, Cyprus and Middle East.
The Customer was looking to consolidate its IT capacity cost effectively in an offshore location that could effectively serve its European and Middle East markets. They were looking for a partner that could handle application development and testing, as well as provide Application Management and Production Management, across the full spectrum of their financial business lines. This included business critical applications from front to back office functions across the main business activities:
- Document workflow
HardPoint’s experience provided the Company with the confidence to move ahead with building a development center in Ukraine. Together, we built out a Customer own dedicated development team that grew to over 20 people in the first year. The current team covers Application Management and Production Support.
Today the IT team is made up of 9 people handling Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 operations including:
- System and Application Monitoring
- Incident/ Problem Management
- SLA Management
- Security Requirement and Environment Management
- Change / Release Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Capacity / Performance Management
- Level 1-3 IT Support
All support processes are ITIL compliant. The team has established well-defined procedures for new applications and modules, and have built out and maintained mature support documentation for all existing applications and services.
The IT team, focusing on Application Development and Testing, have deep experience with a range of key technologies:
- .NET, C++, SQL Server
- Automation Testing
- Client Proprietary tools and frameworks
Within the first year of the engagement, HardPoint was able to:
- Build the most advanced and secure IT development and support facility in Ukraine
- Build up the largest and most comprehensive â€œWorkflow and Logistics’ operation in the region supporting all of the Company’s required markets and products
- Develop a 24X7 Level 1-3 support infrastructure for front to back office applications
- Hire and on-board over 25 people from the local markets
- Set up and maintain modern work environment for the Customer’s employees and provide them with all communication means
The Customer own dedicated team performs comprehensive Application Development, Application Testing, and Application Management Services. The Customer has achieved all the business goals and managed to significantly reduce in the ‘cost per head’ of their IT services, without any reduction in quality or responsiveness.
Web Academy is a European company providing educational services using innovative methodic such as webinars.
The main goal of the project was to create an information system for distance learning using innovative communication services that provide various capabilities of effective interaction, control over the students’ progress and comfortable conference online meetings.
Distance learning is becoming more popular and a demanding educational service due to the possibility to get required knowledge and skills without the need to leave your own house. Webinar or online seminar is an innovative form of teaching/learning process when the usual teacher’s functions (topics presentations, consulting, tests) are performed in real-time mode.
To achieve the expected comfort of learning and introduce the innovative teaching methodic, HardPoint has mantained a team of 3 qualified system engineers who have designed and implemented a system for distance learning based on the following software:
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010, which has united all existing means of remote collaboration (calls, unified messaging, etc.) with a single comfortable interface. The value of this solution is in the possibility of organizing video conferences with high quality of video and voice, as well as recording the conferences for future upload on Academy’s web portal. Web Academy has already noted the effectiveness and flexibility of Lync as a day-to-day interaction.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 to provide employees with easy access to their e-mail boxes and managing mailing lists.
- Microsoft SharePoint was used as a base for development of a e-learning portal, and Learning Kit (SLK) for testing students. This portal has made it possible to manage learning materials and tasks, organize a voluminous video library with educational documents and to protect them from illegal copying or any other frauds.
- The local domain was synchronized with live@edu cloud, so that every student of Web Academy can get access to a number of useful services: electronic files storefront, mail box, shared calendar, time-table and many more.
Our extensive skills in development and implementation of electronic workflow systems and professionalism of our Microsoft certified team became the reason why Web Academy chosen HardPoint to hire professionals and manage this interesting and a demanding project.